(One of my favorite ornaments on our tree.)
Little t came home from school today, with a present.
All of the kids in his class were each supposed to bring a wrapped gift ($1.50 max).
They play a fun little game with the presents so that nobody gets to pick & choose...you get what you get.
He came home with a little tattered & taped (electrical tape) box of crayons.
The crayons were used, a few of them were slightly newer.
He didn't say much about his present, just that it came unwrapped.
He didn't think much about it, I don't think he really cared. I love 5-yr-olds.
One of his brothers chimed in, "You got ripped-off! You took a fun present & got that in return?"
I love random teaching moments.
We had a little discussion about the child who gave this gift.
Maybe it was the only thing he could give.
Maybe his family is really poor.
We should be thankful for all of our blessings &
hope that this little boy received a neat gift from the exchange.
I could see the wheels turning in their heads & hearts.
I love random teaching moments.










No comments:
Post a Comment