Why do I have a pic of Ronald Reagan chopping wood you may ask? If I had a pic of my father chopping wood, I "wood" have used it instead. When I was a little girl, on a cold snowy day like today, I remember watching my Dad chop wood for our fire. During one swing of the ax, he came chopping down, but he didn't come back up. He had done something awful to his back. He was in terrible pain & he couldn't move...I remember the ambulance & my Dad laying hunched over in the snow...a scary image for a little girl. That image was in my mind today while I was outside doing a little work. I had just shoveled our porches & sidewalk & was going to attempt using our snowblower for our driveway. As I was trying to pull the monster machine out of our horse trailer, I did something terrible to my back. There was tingling down my bum & my legs & I couldn't move. I just stood there leaning against the trailer crying & laughing...I couldn't help but think of my Dad. I finally mustered the strength to move my legs. I hobbled inside the house & went straight to my bed with an ice pack...I'm still here. I'm glad I have a laptop to keep me company & I'm glad my little kiddos are being good while I'm out of commission. My timing is awful! I am scheduled to start teaching a dance I choreographed for the SFHS cheerleaders on Monday...day after tomorrow! Aggh!
P.S Happy New Year, haha, may yours start better than mine has!










That stinks! I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Theresa. I'm already starting to feel better. I am walking, most of the tingling is gone, & I'm thinking about shoveling that knee-high drift that's at the end of our driveway...so we can get out for church tomorrow. Just don't ask me to touch my toes. I'm walking like an old man. :)
ReplyDeleteSo I started shoveling & it just wasn't working. So I tackled getting the snowblower out, only this time a smarter route. Got it down, figured out how to use the thing...my driveway is cleared, & I am drenched from the flying snow...now, back to my icepack.
ReplyDeleteAndrea,
ReplyDeleteSeriously, where is your husband?!? Do you not have any neighbors. Pretty sure your visiting teachers (from over a year ago) would have helped. And besides, you can't possibly go to church if you can't walk.....you need to rest!
Denver. Yes. I agree. I told you, I'm walking now. Too much is going on tomorrow in Primary with it being a new year, I really should be there. And I've got to be ready to dance by Monday. Stubborn, determined, independent...just like my Mama.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I am so sorry! I hope all is well now. Have you healed yet? were you able to start teaching your dance routine?
ReplyDeleteGood Luck
Anne
Thanks Annie,
ReplyDeleteI was feeling pretty good this morning...danced to my hearts content...even did some toe-touches (spread eagles in our day). I'm paying for it, now, though. Back to the icepack. :) Might have to make a visit to the chiropractor.